In this environment students:
- Receive the benefit of the specialized support.
- Are able to access opportunities and resources within the district building.
Collaborative classrooms have inclusion opportunities, like:
- Participation with their peers in school programs like sports and clubs
- Opportunities to attend assemblies and field trips or other courses
- Reverse mainstreaming and peer modeling
- Increased development of social skills
Our programs have a foundation in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We are experts at understanding the function of behaviors and teaching students the skills they need to be successful in classroom and in life.
Students Benefit from:
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- Direct Instruction for remediation of skills
- Direct instruction on grade-level learning standards
- Evidence-based social skills instruction
- Individualized and/or small group counseling (per student IEPs)
- Functional analysis of challenging behavior and behavior intervention plans if needed